We're Gearing Up for the New School Year - Are You?
• If you've not done so already, stop in the high school office to pick up your student packet, which contains required parent forms, athletic forms, class schedule, Meal Benefit Application, and more!
• Get your Phy. Ed. or athletic locker early! A refundable $10 deposit is required to obtain a locker.
If paying by check, please make payable to Houston Public Schools.
• All athletes need to have their user fee paid, a sports physical on file with the office, and their MSHSL Eligibility Statement completed and turned in before they are eligible to practice.
Contact the high school office for more information or download forms from the left menu tab.
• Athletic fees are $60 per sport for grades 7-8 and $70 per sport for grades 9-12. Fees for Knowledge Bowl, One Act Play, Three Act Play/Musical, Robotics, Speech, and Cheer are $30 per activity.
The school year Family Max is $200.
At Houston High School students can choose the school supplies that work best for them to be organized and successful in class. Some students like to use a 5-subject notebook or zippered binder while others like to color code folders and notebooks for individual subjects. It is really based on personal preference. However, students should plan to have supplies for 6 classes, as most have a music class or study hall in their 7-period day. Teachers will give instruction the first week of school if any specific items are needed for a particular class. This list is a general guideline of supplies that will be needed:
• Notebooks (single subject or multi-subject)
• Colored Pencils
• Book Covers (purchased or homemade)
• In addition to the basic supplies, all 7th and 8th graders will need two wide-ruled notebooks that will be used specifically for Reading class.
• Assignment notebooks will be provided to 7th and 8th graders the first week of school.
ATHLETIC EVENT PASSES
• Student Pass: $15
• Adult Pass: $40
• Couples Pass: $70
• Sr. Citizen (62 or older): $25
Passes are on sale in the district office and can also be purchased at the admission table of home volleyball, football, and basketball games. Without a pass admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students (K-12).
SUMMER HIGH SCHOOL OFFICE HOURS (through Sept 2)
Monday-Thursday 7:00am-4:30pm and Friday 7:00-11:00am
WEIGHT ROOM HOURS, SUMMER (through Sept 2)
Monday-Friday morning, 6:00-8:00am
Monday-Friday evening, 4:30-6:00pm
WEIGHT ROOM HOURS, FALL 2016 (Sept 6-Nov 11 on scheduled school days)
Monday-Friday morning*, 6:30-7:45am
Monday-Friday afternoon, 3:30-5:00pm
Speed & Agility
Monday and Wednesday morning*, 6:30-7:00am
* Morning hours will remain the same for the full school year.